Friday, June 19, 2009

The Inspector came with all his gadgets!!!!!

As I drive into the pool parking lot at 10:20 I notice the scary City of Winston Salem truck. That could only mean one thing, the pool inspector is there. The pool inspector is my arch enemy, we never know when he is coming and it is my job as manager to make sure we pass inspection each day. My goal each summer is to get a perfect score, but that has yet to happen. Last year we were fortunate to not be inspected, because we have never failed but that also meant we would be one of the first pools inspected this year. Right when I walk into the guard room I see that he is already inspecting things before I even open the pool!! I just do not think that is right, you cant fail me for not having safety gear out when you havent even given me time to put it out. I suck it up and try not to be mean to this man, introduce myself and give him my keys so he can go in our pump and chemical room. The one thing that they can close a pool down for is having off chemicals, so I do my normal morning pH test and we are below the necessary number. I add the soda ash, freaking out the whole time that we are going to be closed. Our CPO ( certified pool operator) comes in and talks to him, signs some forms, tells me we pass but there are problems, and then they both leave.

How can they leave me hanging with " you passed but there are problems" and not tell me the problems???? What do you mean by problems, what have I done wrong is all running through my head.. About 4 hours later the CPO comes back to give me the inspection form and goes just kidding you do a great job, nothing was taken off that you have control over. We only got THREE things off ( which is amazing) and they were all nip-picky stuff.... So the pool lives to see another year under my reign.

No comments:

Post a Comment