Monday, June 1, 2009

Bug Invasion, summer school, one piece tan lines, and hi, i am the owner's daughter

My apartment has bugs. It is gross, disqusting, tramatizing, and frightening all at the same time. I found one in my shower, while I was in the shower. Needless to say I screamed but no one heard. Right when I walk into my apartment I look everywhere for these things, the other day one was in my purse. Michael, my little brother, sprayed the whole place inside and outside Sunday... and they are already back. I am not a happy camper.

Luckily though, I am never here. A normal day would be to go to the pool in the morning (being manager- no sunbathing) and then heading to Mellow to host for the night. Throw in the twice a week four hour class and I am set. On the brightside of all this funness, I sleep so well.

Managing the pool is always nice. It keeps me connected to people from high school, kids I used to babysit who now look older than me, and to the one place that I get to think- the lifeguard stand. Even though, majority of the time, I do the same thing each and every day what makes me keep coming back is the kids. I remember when I was 10 years old being excited to learn how to do a back flip or playing four corners and jumping out of the water when I heard the music of the ice cream man. It is funny how the things you loved 10 years ago, people still love today.

Working for my parents puts me into a pickle. I am required to live up to their expectations, try my hardest to be friends with the staff, and then report if anything went bad. I hate being a tattle tell, but when it comes down to it this staff is my parents livelihood. It is definatly hard to earn someone's trust and friendship when they say " Hi who are you" and you have to respond with " Hi I am Rose Waters, my parents write your pay checks". The one positive out of all this restaurant has given my family is that it has without a doubt brought us closer as a family.

Grad school at Salem is so much different than undergrad at Clemson. Though I feel like I took 10 billion steps back from every aspect of Clemson, I still feel like I made the right decision. You can tell the teachers care and want to get to the level of education that schools like Clemson had. Sitting in the classroom for four hours can be boring, and it does get boring ( especially if I send you text messages) but I can see the end result, which is something Clemson did not always show me.

Being busy has helped me not think about Clemson, my best friends, Brad, or anything else that I left behind. I cannot wait for the opening football game, walking around the quad with my dress and tigerpaw cheering on ( hopefully WILLY) our boys with my best friends. And also trying to have Dabo leave his wife for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment