Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Jeepers vs. Pacifica (aka Soccer Mom mobile)

Well it seems as though Jeepers really knows how to throw a good kink into my life. When I was driving to my apartment yesterday to change for the pool my engined overheated. Long story short my parents are forking out 600 dollars to pay for a new radiator and thermostat.. This has been the pattern this year- first it needed new tires, then a battery and multifunction switch, dont forget about the horrendous clutch situation in Clemson, and now this. All this totaled up my parents have paid around 5000 dollars on this year alone. 

So my parents threw me out this option- I can either A- Keep having the Jeep knowing that eventually something new will happen and thus depending on where I am in life pay for it or them.. and then hopefully when I get a good job ( in probably 2-3 years) get a new car but this one will be worth a whole lot less.... 

Or option B-  Give Jeepers back to my dad and take his Pacific ( aka soccer mom mobile)... Its a 2007 car and has barely any wear and tear ( minus of course the time my dad decided that he would reverse into the mailbox).. The benefits of this would be my parents would trade my car in or Michael's and get my dad the car he really wants.. And this car will last me a long time, has good gas mileage and overall in much better condition than Jeepers

Sadly I am leaning towards Option B because the inflow of money is lacking and therefore I will be needing a car that goes the distance. I am spending the night at my parents house because they are going out of town early in the morning, so everything will be finalized then....

just to put everything into persceptive here are the options:

Which one would you choose???


No comments:

Post a Comment