Sunday, July 5, 2009

Fourth of July Shenanigans!

I started my Fourth of July weekend off amazingly!! I got my haircut at Aveda and then headed to Charlotte for lunch with my favorites! It was soooo good to see Kelly and Jess, the best part was that it was like we did not even skip a beat. From hearing about Kelly's life as an intern to Jess' family pets I could not ask for more. My goal in life is to always stay in touch with people that exude happiness and honesty. These two carry these qualities and so much more :) I cannot wait for our next visit, which I am going to need very soon. They keep me sane and also keep me in check, which I need only a daily basis. It is hard to believe that I cannot walk into Kelly's room and lay on her comfy bed or call Jess and tell her to meet me at Moes.. My favorite comment of the day was " we have to start weeding out the friends, and keeping only the good ones". These two will definitely not be weeded out of my life forever. 

After my two hour lunch stop I got back on the road and headed to Summerville. Overall this trip was wonderful and something I desperately needed. I have never once questioned my relationship with Brad but it is so reassuring that I am still that happy girl he makes me be even though we are going four weeks without seeing each other. Throughout the weekend we went to see Transformers II, went downtown Charleston, grilled out with the family and friends, and then vedged today before I left. Brad is the one person that can make me smile constantly, I can confide to about anything, and dork around with all day. I never thought leaving him was hard but when I drove back to Winston tonight I could not stop crying. I think it finally hit me, and it hit me hard, that we are really really long distance. I am used to the summer distance but I have come to realize that this is our life until we decide to make the next step ( and by we I mean him). It is hard to go from a weekend of pure happiness to back to reality of work and school. 

On a side note everyone must read Nicholas Sparks' book The Choice. Absolutely amazing and one that I could not put down.

No comments:

Post a Comment